3 tips to create the perfect Facebook cover
The Facebook Cover was introduced in 2011. This is a very important element of your fanpage, you need to make sure your brand shines on Facebook.
Here are 3 tips to create an original and effective image for your Facebook cover:
1) Create an image with the good size
Here is a list of formats you need to use:
- Size of the cover image : 850*315 pixels
- Profile image : 160*160 pixels
- Position of the profile image : 23 pixels from the left border and 210 pixels from the top border of your cover picture. Remember not to put anything in this space, it will be hidden by the profile picture once uploaded.
- Size of the cover image for groups : 800*250 pixels
2) Take care of the design
Use a design that illustrates your brand. You can change the cover whenever you want, so you can renew it regularly.
For inspiration: visit the pages you like and on the following slides.
3) Use « Call to actions » and arrows
Since July 2013, the amount of text that can be included in a cover picture on Facebook is no longer limited. Feel free to add texts that comply with copyrights and do not mislead your fans. If you have a Facebook app that you want to highlight, then use a « Call to Action » and an arrow to invite your fans to use. In the case of a contest, include the phrase « Enter our Contest » with an arrow pointing to the contest app.
You have used other tricks to make your cover image? Tell us about it!